Leaderboard FAQ

Leaderboard FAQ

Q: What is the leaderboard?

A: The leaderboard tracks the Testnet Points* of all testnet participants accumulated during each release, as well as over time during a testnet phase.

Q: Does a higher leaderboard position increase my chances to become eligible for a Genesis token grant?

A: Yes. For reference, the top rankers on the leaderboard of previous testnet phases have been onboarded into the Genesis token program.

Q: What are Testnet Challenges?

A: Testnet challenges are specific technical and non-technical challenges that help participants learn how to operate the network, produce blocks, and build the community. Each testnet challenge has an assigned Testnet Points* value.

Where can I see the number of Testnet Points* that I have earned for each testnet challenge?

A: You can click on your username on the leaderboard. That will bring to your personal page.

Q: How often is the leaderboard updated?

A: Testnet Points* for technical challenges will update automatically on the leaderboard. Testnet Points* for sandbox and community challenges are updated manually and may not be reflected on the leaderboard immediately.

Q: How can I earn the Testnet MVP badge?

A: The top 10 on the leaderboard at the end of a Testnet phase is awarded with the “Testnet MVP” badge.

Q: How can I earn the Community MVP badge?

A: The “Community MVP” badge is awarded to members who have made significant contributions to build Coda’s community of users.

Q: What do Testnet Points* represent?

A: Testnet Points* track how well a testnet participant performs in Coda’s testnet challenges.

Q: Do Testnet Points* have any monetary value?

A: Testnet Points* are designed solely to track contributions to the Testnet and Testnet Points have no cash or other monetary value. Testnet Points and are not transferable and are not redeemable or exchangeable for any cryptocurrency or digital assets. We may at any time amend or eliminate Testnet Points.

*Testnet Points (abbreviated ‘pts’) are designed solely to track contributions to the Testnet and Testnet Points have no cash or other monetary value. Testnet Points are not transferable and are not redeemable or exchangeable for any cryptocurrency or digital assets. We may at any time amend or eliminate Testnet Points.